Tuesday, January 10, 2012

A Valentine re-post

I hope nobody will mind me re-posting this. I've had a couple of e-mails about it so I thought maybe it would be worth re posting. If you end up making one of these garlands, I'd love to see pics.


Supplies Needed
  • Free printables (page 1, page 2)  Click to download
  • You may have to join this site to use it, but it's easy and free
  • let me know if you have problems, I can always e-mail it to you
  • sheet each of 12x12 red and brown cardstock
  • Old book you don't care about ruining
  • Stapler
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • 3-4 Yards of red or brown ribbon (at least 1" wide)
  • Brown ink pad (optional)
  • Adhesive

STEP 1

  • Cut out all your hearts
    Use the ugly gray heart as your template for the cardstock hearts
  • You will need 4 red and three brown
  • Ink the edges of red hearts
    Glue printed hearts onto cardstock with adhesive


STEP 2
Get ready or a lot of folding
  • Cut your book pages so they are 3 inches wide
  • Start folding, I made my folds about 1/4"
  • Each round medallion will take 4 pages
  • Staple them together at the ends


STEP 3
  • Staple them together in a circle

STEP 4
  • Hold center together and glue with hot glue gun
  • Ink the edges and top of folds

STEP 5
  • Using a dvd as a template cut out 7 white circles
  • Cut to slits at the top and thread ribbon through
  • Using your glue gun, glue medallion onto white circle



LAST STEP
  • Do this for all 7 medallions
  • Glue hearts on medallions
  • Once this is done, tack eacy medallion togethor with glue



Now you should have a beautiful valentine garland.
The hardest part of this is definitely the folding.
Let me know if you end up making one, I'd love to see it.
If you have a chance, I'd love it if you shared the link

to this on your blog.

HAPPY VALENTINES!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

buy tramadol 100mg online buy tramadol topix - tramadol hcl recommended dosage