Monday, January 31, 2011

FREE Valentine Printable / Tutorial

Here is my newest tutorial! I'm really excited with how
it turned out. Hopefully you guys will like it as well. My
husband even thought it was cool so hopefully that is a good sign.

PLEASE excuse any formatting errors, blogger is messed up!

Supplies Needed
  • Free printables (page 1, page2) click to download
  • You may have to join this site to use it, but it's easy and free
  • let me know if you have problems, I can always e-mail it to you
  • sheet each of 12x12 red and brown cardstock
  • Old book you don't care about ruining
  • Stapler
  • Hot Glue Gun
  • 3-4 Yards of red or brown ribbon (at least 1" wide)
  • Brown ink pad (optional)
  • Adhesive


STEP 1

  • Cut out all your hearts
    Use the ugly gray heart as your template for the cardstock hearts
  • You will need 4 red and three brown
  • Ink the edges of red hearts
    Glue printed hearts onto cardstock with adhesive

STEP 2

Get ready or a lot of folding

  • Cut your book pages so they are 3 inches wide
  • Start folding, I made my folds about 1/4"
  • Each round medallion will take 4 pages
  • Staple them together at the ends

STEP 3

  • Staple them together in a circle


STEP 4

  • Hold center together and glue with hot glue gun
  • Ink the edges and top of folds

STEP 5

  • Using a dvd as a template cut out 7 white circles
  • Cut to slits at the top and thread ribbon through
  • Using your glue gun, glue medallion onto white circle


LAST STEP

  • Do this for all 7 medallions
  • Glue hearts on medallions
  • Once this is done, tack eacy medallion togethor with glue




Now you should have a beautiful valentine garland.
The hardest part of this is definitely the folding.
Let me know if you end up making one, I'd love to see it.
If you have a chance, I'd love it if you shared the link

to this on your blog.

HAPPY VALENTINES!

8 comments:

Ashlee said...

This is adorable Nicole. I am going to make one and certainly link it up to your blog when I am done! I can't wait to get started! I don't have many V-Day Decor so this would look so cute strung along my fireplace. Thank you for your cute ideas and helping me make my nest cozy!
Love, Ashlee

Rachel Berry said...

So cute!! I may have to make this!!! Hey send me your email and I'll send you the file for the Prophet pic!

:)Rachel

Ruth said...

I'm really glad you are blogging again. I know that we talk at lease once a day but it's fun do see what you are doing. Oh yea, I love the garland!

Jenny said...

I love it!!!!

Paperlicious Girl said...

This is so creative and cute!!! I will have to try one! Thanks so much for stopping by and entering the giveaway for my etsy shop RosiePosieDesigns!!!!

pattycakes said...

I can not connect to the website. Is there anyway you can email me the link or the pattern I really want to make this this weekend :(

Babs said...

We made a variation of this garland for our Enrichment Night!!! There were 40 of them made and used old hymn books for the background folds!!! We pre-folded and cut all the hearts and used scrapbook paper for them! They turned out awesome and had lots of compliments!!! Loved it!!!

Gini Roskam said...

Nothing happens when I click on the patterns. Could you email it to me at mgroskam@gmail.com? Thank you! I love having a banner to string across my fireplace. This is perfect.