The nester was right when she said that these take a lot of fabric, mine isn't very big and it took about 5 yards of ribbon and 1 yard of fabric. I think I could have easily used 2 yards, and squished it all closer together so it was more full, but I was too lazy to go and buy more.
I bought the M from Hobby Lobby for 99 cents, and painted it Blue. Then I sanded and stained the edges to give it that distressed look. My hubby drilled a hole in it so I could hang it from the ribbon.
I hung it my favorite way to hang everything. With knobs from Home Depot.
And ta da, here it is........
Someone asked me if I made the quilt. I wish I could take the credit, but no. I saw this one at a place called The Village Quilt Shop at a place here in Utah called Gardner Village. I priced out what it would cost me to make it and then have it quilted, and well it wasn't that much more just to buy it, and I figured my time was worth something right.
It really was a lot of fun to make, I'd like to make one for my daughters room now. Just a hint, my sister made hers out of remnants of drapery fabric. I think it worked a little better, the stiffer fabric made it look a little more full.