Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Baby Quilt for my Nephew!

I've been working on this quilt for my new little (ok, not so little) nephew.    I really liked how this one turned out that I made for my neighbor, but wanted make this one just a little different.   I love embellishing quilts with some of the fun stitches on my (fine, my sister n' law's  machine).


I'm going to add this little piece to the bottom of the quilt.  It would be done but I ran out of thread.  That always seems to happen.  I'll have like two more inches and I run out of thread, drives me crazy.  Now I have to try and talk my husband into going to the cute fun and darling store to get me some thread.


I've been trying to do a little Fall decorating, but honestly, I'm just not feeling it.  I LOVE the fall but I think I'm getting sick of my decorations. (Table Topper tutorial here if you interested.)


Remember this little dresser / hutch that I refinished a couple of years ago?  I doesn't fit anywhere in this house.  It makes me so sad, It was my favorite piece of furniture, I loved decorating it for the holidays.  Now it's just sitting in the basement getting dusty. 
 

And I'm left trying to decorate the top of our piano.  The table runner I made doesn't fit on the piano.  Oh well!



So there is my attempt at decorating for Fall.  I have to remind myself, I took me 5 years for figure out how to decorate our old house, it will take at least that long here! 

8 comments:

Jenny said...

wow!! I love your quilts!! You are amazing! It almost makes me want to have a baby just so I could get one of your quilts!! almost! No more babies for me!

onlymehere said...

Nicole! I thought you went private so I was very surprised to see your comment. Thanks for stopping by. It looks like I have a ton to catch up on here. I'll definitely be back!
Cindy

dixon.mary said...

Nicole!! It's so great to hear from you! Email me? dixon.mary@gmail.com

randi--i have to say said...

your quilt is so pretty!

Megan @ Megity's Handmade said...

Your so good about making cute quilts! I'm determined to find a place for your cute dresser in your home. Maybe when the basement is finished, you could have it at the bottom of your stairs so it's the first thing you see on the way down? Yes ma'am, there is nothing wrong with designing your basement around a piece of furniture. :)

yanmaneee said...

offwhite
michael kors handbags
curry 6
yeezys
yeezy boost 350 v2
jordan shoes
russell westbrook shoes
supreme clothing
coach handbags
jordan shoes

Unknown said...

9a replica bags 7a replica bags philippines replica bags in pakistan

posatheighn said...

her explanation replica designer bags wholesale webpage gucci replica handbags more information replica ysl bags