Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Two post in one week - I'm on a roll!

First off - yes I'm feeling fine.  I guess I'm just in a sewing mood lately and my house is paying the price.  My neighbor just had a baby, so what a perfect excuse to make another quilt.  Can you tell I really like this strip quilt.    I just love this fabric by Moda, it's so sweet and perfect for a new baby.

I  used some ric rac (of course)  and used a few of the decorative stitches on my sewing machine to add a  little more to it at the seams.  Sometimes I sure miss my old fence, it was perfect for taking pictures.


I had some of this satin fabric that is flannel on the other side.  I was a little nervous about using it but it worked well and washed up even better.  And yes I was a sweaty mess yesterday because I got brave and decided to quilt this one also.  This stitch went a little better than the stippling but still needs A LOT of practice.


It's all wrapped up and ready to go.  Maybe I'll even get to hold a sweet new baby boy!


8 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

sooo cute!!! i love it!! what moda line is that fabric anyway???

:)rachel

Angela Yosten said...

LOVE the quilt... great job!

Heidi said...

It's beautiful Nicole! Love it!

Debilou ~ Mississippi Mama said...

love your quilt,, Im dreaming of finding the time to make one for two grandbabies that are due, one in Sept and one in January.. Not sure if itll happen.

Katie said...

Super cute Nicole! Wish I were your neighbor.

Cami said...

Love it! Your quilting looks great! I am itching a burning to make a quilt. I have a new niece, so I have the perfect excuse. I learned a new quilt block I will have to show you. My kids start next week, then I will have all the time in the world... ;) We should get together soon. PS. I got that machine we talked about...the featherweight. I am dying to have a reason to take it somewhere and sew.

Cami said...

Also I have your avon order. :)

**MIGNONNE** said...

Oh my gosh I love that little piece of ric rac in there.Adorable!