Thursday, September 22, 2011

Fall Projects

It's been a little crazy around here.  First off we have raspberry jam galore.  Every year we seem to make more than the year before, this year we definitely hit the jack pot.  I ended up doing 8 batches of raspberry jam.  Of course I had to freeze like 5 ziploc bags of raspberries for jello salads, I mean I am from Utah.  I told my husband it may be time to invest in a deep freeze.


 Here is my attempt at Salsa, it  is a ton of work.  Not sure I'll being doing salsa again anytime soon, I guess it will depend of whether or not my family LOVES it or not.

 

Here is a project I'm trying to get done for Moda.  I'm super excited about it.   I think I may be getting a little better at free hand quilting.    It still stresses me out, but I'm going to keep at it if it kills me.  I did find some quilting gloves on line that helped a ton.  It was so much easier to move the fabric around. 


I really need to get going on this one.  My little sister is due any day now and I'm going to make her a quilt out of this fabric.  Poor thing,  a week ago the doctor says her baby boy is already over 9 lbs.  Were pretty sure there are going to be football scouts hanging out around her hospital room when he is born.

My husband also let me order some fabric that I have been drooling over.  My poor neighbors probably think I am spying on them waiting for the UPS man to come.  I can't wait to show it too you, I have a project in mind for it that I can't wait to get started on.  PLEASE hurry UPS man!!!




4 comments:

twinkle twinkle baby, twinkle twinkle said...

I love the fabric! I am so excited!

Rosa said...

Love your fabrics.I make tomatoes.

Kathy said...

I was told (with my first) that my baby was measuring 9 lbs and when she was born she was only 6 lbs 12 ounces. I wouldn't worry too much. Sometimes Dr.'s are wrong. ;)

Ruth said...

You put your Mother so shame! Where did you learn so much. I really love those pillows too, hint hint. Just teasing, you do make a Mother proud though!