Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Service Auction

Last night our Relief Society (women's church group) had a service auction. It's one of my favorite activities. Whoever wants to can bring something they made, or a service they will provide and we auction it off. It is so much fun. One lady auctioned off free piano lessons. Another a free haircut. One cute one was a basket with pretty much everything needed for homemade chili and cornbread. There are tons of things to choose from.

First we we fill out a little sheet with random questions like, "Did you shave your legs this week?" and depending on our answer's we get so many points. We had a funny guy in our ward do the auctioning which added a lot to the fun.

Here are the things that I made for the auction. Both were super easy. I love this valentine fabric by Sandy Gervais for Moda. The heart is something I just hurry and made that you can just hang on a doorknob or something.


This little pillow I saw on this blog and thought was so cute. It really was easy to make and I just used my scraps which my husband of course appreciated!




It was such a fun night. I won some homemade bath salts that are peppermint scented. I really wanted some chocolates that my friend made, but my bid lost. She was nice enough to bring me my very own box today (ok, so I hinted, a lot). - Thanks Julie!

2 comments:

Sherri said...

I am sad that I missed it!!

amy smart said...

I didn't have an email address to reply to your nice comment. Yes, it looks like we totally should be friends!! You are obviously a kindred spirit. Thanks so much for saying hi - so glad to have found you!

Amy Smart

PS Love the heart pillow! ;)