Monday, August 11, 2008

{A Beautiful Wedding}

Sorry no post yesterday. The flu has been making it's way through my family and yesterday it was my turn. But hey, I lost some of that baby weight I've been working on. I'm sure it'll be right back by the end of the week.


Ok, on with the interesting stuff. Saturday my niece got married!!! It was seriously the one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever been too. I made me want to relive my own wedding day all over again.


This is where they were married. The Manti LDS temple. It was beautiful.


This is the college me and my hubby met at. It's also where they had their wedding dinner. It always brings back lots of great memories coming back here. It's a beautiful building.


I love these centerpieces. Her colors were pink and brown. I loved it.

Umm, the family and a nicely set table!


Ok, the brides mom (my SIL) made this wedding cake. Isn't in incredible. I love how simple and elegant it is. I really cannot even begin to fathom making my own daughters wedding cake, as if there isn't enough stress for the mother of the bride.

Here is their guestbook. It's a book her aunts made for her with pictures of them through their courtship, and then there is lots of white space for there guests to sing. I loved this idea, then you'll actually look at your guestbook instead of putting on the shelf for the next 50 years.




The bride and groom.


This was the sweetest moment of the entire day. I've never seen such proud dad in my entire life it was so sweet.


Daughter and Proud Dad!

It was a beautiful day. He seems like just the other day this sweet bride was one of the little girls at my wedding. I can't believe how fast the time flies.



15 comments:

Melody said...

That cake is beautiful. I took the first Wilton decorating class because I need that one to take the fondant class. I think it might actually be easier than it seems, or at least I am hoping.

I love pink and brown. It sure beats the pink and pale blue of my day.

Sherri said...

Beautiful..

Lacy said...

I love weddings so much...thanks for sharing. How fun. :)

Gettysburg Homestead said...

What a great choice of pink and brown. FABULOUS cake!!!! I will NOT be making my DD cake when she gets married unless you'd like to see a betty crocker cake leaning to one side. LOL.

She sure was a beautiful bride.

P.S. Yes it is a big deal to me to be added to your blog roll. I am honored to be there and know that you like to visit me.

Mary

Unknown said...

Beautiful site...awww...weddings...full of love music and CAKE!!

Kristi said...

Yes, I love the cake, too! What a magical day. It does make you want to get married all over again!

Jennifer said...

The wedding dress is beautiful. It's nice to see a pretty dress that doesn't show everything.

Trixi said...

I am floored at that church/temple. It looks like a castle. Beautiful.
Oh, and the wedding is beautiful too. My daughter has gotten into cake decorating and I love this one.

Lisa Cobler said...

What a beautiful wedding.

Becky said...

What a beautiful niece you have and that cake was gorgeous! I can't imagine making my daughters wedding cake. YIKES!!

Tausha said...

don't you just love weddings? I do, reminds of my day, almost 10 years ago! Man I'm old! The cake looked beautiful and delicious! I am wanting cake right now. Thanks a lot! I might just have to go and make a treat!

joelandbecca said...

That is precious! I love the Manti Temple. Definitely one of my favorites!

frillsfluffandtrucks said...

I love seeing wedding pictures--and what a simple and sweet cake. Love it!

Your house looks comfy and homey, I like it. We had that same entry way chandelier thing (the gold monstrosity is what I called it!) when we moved in at this house.

~ Sarah

Aja Jenise said...

AHHHH! I love love love the Manti Temple... I even bummed a ride from a friend to get there and take pictures. Oh! So gorgeous!! The wedding cake was beautiful too!!

Aja
SE Kansas

Stevenson Family said...

No clue how I ran across your blog, but I love it! Cute ideas! I live in St. Louis, but my parents live across the street from Keith and Michelle. Michelle and my mom are in the R.S. presidency together. Small world, huh? I didn't know Michelle made the cake. Wow!